To raise funds to support the fellowship activities of the chapter at regular chapter meetings and social outings.
Committee chairman and members should be extroverted with broad industrial contacts.
GUIDELINES AND INSTRUCTIONS
- Obtain file from the outgoing Committee Chairman.
- Prepare tentative budget and submit to the Treasurer before the first Executive Committee meeting.
- Establish Committee goals and operating procedures.
- Solicit donations from area companies associated with metals and materials. Make telephone and personal contacts prior to November 1.
- Indicate that any donation above $25 represents an acknowledged sponsorship of a portion of the social hour.
- Emphasize broad company name exposure at meetings and on meeting announcements - exposure to approximately 1300 members.
- With an affirmative response, send a personal note thanking the company or individual in advance for sponsorship and also indicate to whom donation should be sent.
- If indicated donation is not received one month after affirmative contact follow-up.
- If no donation dollars are available this year, determine if moneys will be available during prospective contact's next fiscal year.
- Submit a written report at all Executive Committee meetings reviewing Committee assets and expenditures.
- Provide a list of Hospitality sponsors at least two months prior to the technical meeting to the Publications Committee for inclusion in hte newsletter and Web site.
- Transfer any excess Hospitality funds into the Scholarship Trust Fund at the end of the Chapter year.
- Prepare an annual report summarizing the year's activities for submission to the Executive Committee at the annual business meeting in June.
- Transfer the complete Committee file to the incoming Committee Chairman.
- Committee meeting expenses.
- Mailing and phone expenses